Spark up conversation with… Alice
1. Which of Scriba’s B2B sectors do you enjoy working in most?
We’re diving straight in with a tricky question I see! While I work across a number of different sectors at Scriba — which is one of the many reasons I enthusiastically show up at my desk each day — I’d have to say the two that really get the cogs whirring are environmental and property. They’re so fast-paced and constantly evolving. And every so often, those two worlds collide — which makes it even better!
2. What’s your Scriba ‘specialism’?
I’m in my element when coming up with fun and engaging social media strategies — and if I can employ my design skills at the same time, that’s a bonus.
3. Sum up Scriba in just one word
4. What’s the most recent word you learnt?
Satori — a state of sudden spiritual enlightenment.
5. Tell us how you got into PR in less than 50 words.
I had been made aware of Scriba’s reputation some time ago, and since that initial Google search, the agency was firmly on my radar. After a chance email conversation with operations manager Louise, the opportunity to join the team knocked at my door – and I couldn’t let it slip away.
6. What word do you always struggle to spell?
Egregious — although I’m not required to write it very often, it’s never spelt how I expect.
7. Which word or phrase would you like to put into Room 101?
Unprecedented. It will forever take me back to those first painful few months of the Covid pandemic.
8. Share one power track which is the perfect way to start your day
If I’m getting stuck into some writing, I go straight for cinematic soundtracks. For something more upbeat though, it’s got to be anything from my personal hero, Dolly Parton.
9. Where would you spend a free day off work?
I’d spend every free day travelling the world if feasible — and affordable. Failing that, quality time with my friends and family never goes amiss.
10. Which word would you hope your colleagues would use to describe you?